Implications of the Information Age
- The Death (or reduced significance) of the nation state.
- An entrepreneur in Canada runs a Web site hosted in China selling
to customers in Europe.
- Another runs a site entirely from a ship sailing in international
- Whose laws apply? Who can enforce them?
- Single global currency
- Cyberspace is truly libertarian (anarchistic) - Cannot be governed
- BUT people change slower than technology - so BIG growth in net business
/ home working / job ownership yet to come - even though technologically
possible BUT SHIFT IS INEVITABLE.